Have you ever been in a ‘marketing meltdown’ because you can’t imagine yourself doing anything else to keep business moving forward? Technology advancements are changing the way business is conducted and it’s hard to keep up with the pace that’s needed. Perhaps like many others, you’re the owner or director, but you have no time or energy to even think about marketing because you’re involved with everyday aspects of working in your business.
As a business owner, I can relate with this mindset and that’s why I’m being candidly honest about my journey. I’ve been working for more than 24 years with other business owners and all the marketing ideas keep changing! It’s no wonder our time is stretched to the limit and yet effectiveness is dependent on our daily decisions. Marketing is one of the necessary business principals we need to put into place and perhaps working with a Marketing Guide can make it more fun. Continuing to grow and serve others through our company is vital so people need to know who we are and what we do! We can’t let this one go to chance.
Consider these facts:
- Knowing we cannot execute everything personally is generally accepted; however, many owners aren’t marketing their business name on social media because there’s a lack of time or training.
- Creating then updating a website is an ongoing task; some business leaders don’t establish a promotion plan but still expect people to be lining up at their door for business.
- Actively marketing and running all the aspects of your own business is difficult to accomplish without continued learning, setting goals and putting them into action.
- Working with a team of professionals is an amazing gift; as business owners ourselves, we know and understand we will accomplish more working together.
- Social Media is the new Print!™ and people use their phones to seek out a business now more than ever because it’s so fast and efficient.
Do you know what needs to be done in order to get your business utilizing social media for full potential?
Take action! Spend a half hour today in the quest to learn more. Start out by looking at what a few other businesses are portraying on their pages in Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. See what others are doing that you’ve connected with in the past. You may be amazed to find interesting things you didn’t know about them or their business, and you may be able to refresh your business relationship through social media via a ‘like’, ‘comment’ or even ‘share’ their content. Consider your own business and its marketing at this point. Did this help you see a different perspective you may not have in your strategy or action mode right now?
Utilize experts within your community who will customize a plan to help meet your business needs and make it fun for you and your staff to move forward. I recently had several projects with a deadline and then I experienced a computer challenge; not good! But because I have a team to work with, I was able to transition quickly to get the things done and keep business moving forward. Think about the areas in your business marketing that are not your favorite ones to develop or maintain. Decide which processes to delegate to experts who are active in social media and familiar with your business goals. Or perhaps your employees can transition into a new level of communication representing your business; some of them may just need a little further education or classes to do so.
Invest some time with your staff leaders to create new ideas. Strategize a new plan to release some of your marketing and development worries to professionals who really care and are excited to see you succeed. Marketing Meltdown can be solved through cool interaction and learning. Now that’s refreshing!
Suzette Howe is a Marketing Guide and Founder of www.ShowUhow2.com, a unique How2Team™ of professionals who partner with you to design strategic solutions and host ShowUeducation™ classes, offering all aspects of Full Service Marketing.